Tracking learners in your course
Tracking learner enrollment is done in the “learners” tab of your course management page. All learners who start a course are tracked. Learners who are invited to courses or take public courses on Versal will appear in the learner list by name. You will also see the email address associated with the learner's Versal account. Learners who take the course without an invitation or enrollment URL will appear as "anonymous" learners.
If you use the iframe embed code to embed your content on an outside website, then learners are able to take the course without signing in. In this case, they are actually anonymous learners. You won’t see a name and email address, but you will still see the user recorded in the learner list, and their quiz and survey data will still be available just like it is when you host your content on Versal.
Learners are listed below the invite button.
- "invite sent" will appear next to their name if they have been invited but not accepted an email invitation
- "enrolled" will appear if they have successfully enrolled in the course
- "completed" will appear if they have successfully enrolled in and completed the course
Accessing reports on learner progress is done from the reports sub-section of learner management. Here, you can see...
- average scores across all learners for each quiz
- each learner's current lesson
- each learner's last activity
- each learner's average score for the tracked assessments
If you click on the average score of a particular learner, a modal will appear that will detail each of their quiz scores.
Removing tracked learners
To remove a learner from your course, navigate to the learner management tab for the course. Click on the button next to the learner’s name you want to remove and click “remove”.
Inviting learners to your course
Invite learners to your course with your paid Versal plan. Inviting learners to your course gives learners access to private courses. To get started, click the “invite learners” button. An invite window will appear.
Inviting by URL
In the invite window, copy the learner enrollment URL made for your course. Share this link with learners you want to track in this course.
When your learners use the link they:
- Gain access to your course (public or private)
- Become tracked learners
Resetting the link
Click the “reset URL” if you’d like to deactivate the current link and create a new one.
When you reset the link:
- Learners that have already enrolled in the course will remain enrolled in the course.
- Learners not yet enrolled in the course will not be able to enroll in the course with the old URL. They will be brought to a notification page if they try to use a voided link.
Inviting by email
Click “by email” in the invite window to enroll your learners via email invitations.
Enter the email addresses of your learners in the field provided. Click “send”.
Learners will receive an email with a link reading “Start the course here”. Learners click on that link, gain access to the course, and become tracked learners.